Subject: bug#9726: closed (Re: bug#9726: 24.0.90; vc-dir: error in process sentinel - Wrong argument type)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 16:44:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9726: vc-dir error for directory ignored by bzr

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9726: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9726
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9726: 24.0.90; vc-dir: error in process sentinel - Wrong argument type
From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 12:42:48 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Version: 24.0.91

Glenn Morris wrote:

> The following seems to make the error go away

Applied.

Subject: 24.0.90; vc-dir: error in process sentinel - Wrong argument type
From: Christoph Scholtes <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:03:23 -0600
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Running Emacs 24.0.90 (r106044) with Windows 7/64bit.

The following errors occur when using vc-dir in the Emacs /bin directory
of the trunk tree:

error in process sentinel: vc-dir-node-directory: Wrong type argument:
arrayp, nil 
error in process sentinel: Wrong type argument: arrayp, nil

Recipe (from trunk\bin directory!):
emacs -Q
M-x vc-dir
C-j
error occurs

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7601)
 of 2011-10-10 on MARVIN
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7601
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt --cflags -I"C:/Program Files (x86)/GnuWin32/include" -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/include -ID:/devel/emacs/libXpm-3.5.8/src -ID:/devel/emacs/gnutls-2.10.5-x86/include --ldflags -LD:/devel/emacs/gnutls-2.10.5-x86/lib'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Emacs-Lisp

Minor modes in effect:
  paredit-mode: t
  my-keys-minor-mode: t
  erc-autojoin-mode: t
  erc-track-mode: t
  erc-match-mode: t
  erc-pcomplete-mode: t
  erc-stamp-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  autopair-mode: t
  autopair-global-mode: t
  yas/global-mode: t
  yas/minor-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t

Recent input:
M-x r e p o r t - e <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/keybindings.el (source)...done
Loading c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/init-custom.el (source)...done
Loading vc-hg...done
Loading vc-bzr...done
Wrote c:/Users/Christoph/AppData/Roaming/.emacs.d/data/.emacs.desktop.lock
Desktop: 4 buffers restored.
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
call-interactively: End of buffer [6 times]
goto-history-element: End of history; no default available
goto-history-element: Beginning of history; no preceding item

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort gnus-cite mail-extr gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015
epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime password-cache dig mailcap emacsbug
vc-bzr vc-hg paredit my-zenburn-theme erc-join erc-track erc-match
erc-pcomplete erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat thingatpt
ispell bookmark+ bookmark+-key dired-x dired bookmark+-1 nnir gnus-sum
nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec
gnus-int gnus-range message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader gnus-win gnus gnus-ems nnheader
gnus-util mail-utils mm-util mail-prsvr bookmark+-bmu help-mode view
bookmark+-lit pp+ bookmark+-mac bookmark pp recentf tree-widget wid-edit
midnight desktop ibuffer uniquify autopair google-c-style cc-styles
cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs browse-kill-ring+ browse-kill-ring
second-sel ido yasnippet dropdown-list derived edmacro kmacro assoc cl
org-habit org-agenda org byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv
macroexp ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table org-footnote
org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete pcomplete comint ring
org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline
easy-mmode regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
org-install server advice help-fns advice-preload debbugs-autoloads
package tabulated-list autorevert delsel time-date tooltip ediff-hook
vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win
w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer button
faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format env
code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable backquote
make-network-process multi-tty emacs)