Subject: Re: bug#9723: 24.0.50; Emacs Clipboard crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 02:29:01 -0400

> From: Joseph Jones <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 16:42:30 -0700
> 
> No real specific actions that I am aware of. Just a random crash in
> emacs clipboard. Here is the text of the crash:
> 
> Emacs Clipboard: emacs.exe - Application Error
> 
> The exception Breakpoint
> A breakpoint has been reached.
> (0x80000003) occurred in the application at location 0x7d61002d.
> 
> Click on OK to terminate the program
> Click on CANCEL to debug the program
> 
> I do not have GDB and so cannot do a debug attach and backtrace.

I hope you didn't yet click either OK or CANCEL, and so the crashed
session is still running.  If so, there are a couple of things that
can still be done, even without GDB, to gather more info.

Failing that, please go to the Event Viewer (a.k.a. "system log"),
find this event in the "Application" log, and post here all the
information you see when you double-click on the log entry
corresponding to this crash.  While at that, please look in other
types of log, primarily "System" and "Security", and see if there's
any event that happened at the same time.

Also, did this kind of crash happen to you before?

Finally, I suggest to download DrMinGW from this place:

   http://code.google.com/p/jrfonseca/wiki/DrMingw

and install it as your system's JIT debugger.  (I hope you don't
develop with Microsoft tools on the same platform, because then you
want the Visual Studio to be the JIT debugger.)  Then, clicking on
CANCEL will cause DrMinGW to kick in and display a backtrace that can
be saved to a file and posted with the bug report.