Subject: bug#9723: 24.0.50; Emacs Clipboard crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 20:05:17 +0200

> From: Joseph Jones <[email-masked]>
> CC: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 11:39:27 -0700
> 
> Here is the DrMinGW output for the 9/19 build that was in the link you sent me.

Thanks.  This is very strange: these addresses seem to indicate that
the crash is inside garbage collection, which makes no sense, given
the error message about the clipboard.  Or maybe I'm missing
something...

Can I ask you to download GDB, the GNU debugger, from here:

  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mingw/files/MinGW/BaseSystem/GDB/GDB-7.3/gdb-7.3-2-mingw32-bin.tar.lzma/download

and then run this Emacs binary under GDB?  (You will need the
unlzma.exe program to unpack the .lzma archive.)

To run Emacs under GDB, open a cmd window, chdir to where you have the
emacs.exe binary, and type:

  gdb ./emacs.exe

After GDB starts and reads the symbols from emacs.exe, it will show
this prompt:

  (gdb)

Type "run" to run Emacs normally.  (If you are normally invoking Emacs
with some command line arguments, type them after the "run" command,
as in "run arg1 arg2 ...".)  When Emacs crashes, please type at the
GDB prompt:

 (gdb) bt full

and post the results.

Thanks in advance.