Subject: bug#9723: 24.0.50; Emacs Clipboard crash

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 18:23:05 +0200

> Date: Sun, 05 Feb 2012 14:16:50 +0100
> From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
> CC: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked], 
>  [email-masked]
> 
>  > How does it not work?
> 
> pr doesn't print anything.

Ah, that is a different matter.  My crystal ball says that you
attached the debugger to an already running Emacs (as opposed to
starting Emacs from GDB with "start" or "run"), is that true?

If so, then the problem is that Emacs started from runemacs.exe on
Windows doesn't have a stderr stream, and as Andreas points out, pp,
pr, etc. output the values to Emacs's stderr (because the code that
produces these values runs inside Emacs).

If you want these commands to work, you need to start Emacs from the
command prompt, not from runemacs.