Subject: bug#9720: gdb-mi hangs

From: Michael Veksler <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 20:50:50 +0200

Hello,

The behavior I see seems to be related to bug 6962. I attach a backtrace 
of the emacs process.

While trying out the latest emacs from the git repository (similarly, 
gdb from git) I encountered an hang. This happens when I debug my C++ 
code under the new gdb-mi interface.

I am no git expert and can't tell you the exact version of emacs. The 
last commit on my sandbox repository is:

commit 520888a9da6c3c27122c2597f757e88c81b97989
Author: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
Date:   Fri Oct 7 00:23:44 2011 -0700

The hang happens when the inferior terminates.

Sometimes it helps to kill the GDB process and press ctrl-g. It did not 
help this time.

---

Thanks

Michael