Subject: bug#9720: gdb-mi hangs

From: Michael Veksler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2011 15:43:42 +0200

Hello,

On 10/29/2011 02:19 AM, Glenn Morris wrote:
> I think this might have been fixed by the fix for bug#9839.
> Please try the Emacs trunk or the 24.0.91 pretest when it appears and
> let us know if you still see this issue.
>
I am not 100% positive whether this fixed the issue or not. I am no 
longer able to
reproduce the exact scenario with the older emacs. When I try then emacs 
takes
100% CPU but no longer hang, which is similar but not identical to the 
reported
issue.

With the newest emacs from git, it no longer takes 100% CPU when the 
inferior
terminates. This is a substantial improvement but I am not sure that the 
update
fixes the same bug I previously saw. I suspect that there were two 
related bugs,
and the developers fixed the bug that used to trigger the second one. It 
is just
a hunch; I can't back it up.

I'll work with the newer emacs and report if the issue recurs.

--
Michael