Subject: bug#9717: emacs hanging in windows 7

From: Argos42 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 14:07:44 +0200

It hangs both at home on my desktop computer (Win7.32) and a laptop at
work (Win7.64).
At home, hangs are short while at work it can last up to 30 secs.

Files are on local HD.

I'm also wandering, is emacs trying to check my user rights over the network?

In emacs -Q : same problem.

Other people have/had similar issues
(http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2007329/emacs-23-1-50-1-hangs-ramdomly-for-6-8-seconds-on-windows-xp
http://blog.zzamboni.org/solving-hangs-in-emacs-on-windows ...)

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 13:40, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> From: Argos42 <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 11:03:00 +0200
>> Cc: [email-masked]
>>
>> When I save multiple times the same file, it starts hanging, the
>> process does not grow either in memory, reads, writes or takes cpu
>> time.
>
> So it basically waits for something doing nothing, is that right?
>
> If so, can you describe the system where it happens?  Is this a
> desktop machine, a laptop machine, something else?  What kind of drive
> is the disk drive on which these files reside?  Does this happen in
> "emacs -Q"?
>
> If it's possible, can you see if the same happens on another system?
>