Subject: Re: bug#9715: Error while compiling coreutils-8.12

From: Assaf Gordon <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2018 21:13:38 -0600

close 9715
stop

(triaging old bugs)

On 10/10/11 11:44 AM, Paul Eggert wrote:
> Thanks for the bug report.
> 
>  From the 'configure' file you sent, it appears that you're
> using a modified version of coreutils, along with some other
> files (e.g., <floss.h>) that aren't part of the coreutils
> distribution.
> 
[...]
> One other thing: it's better to use the latest version of
> coreutils (currently this is 8.13).  Sometimes this fixes
> your problem without any further effort on your part; and
> even when it doesn't, any patches are easier to merge in.
> 

With no further follow-ups in 7 years, I'm closing this bug.

-assaf