Subject: [PATCH] maint: remove vestigial de-ANSI-fication support

From: Stefano Lattarini <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 14:38:34 +0200

The support for automatic de-ANSI-fication has been deprecated in
automake 1.11.2, and will be removed altogether in automake 1.12.
Also, coreutils does not use the `ansi2knr' option since at least
2003-03-14 (commit b9fa45f2b01d0e395b7ddd845ebabb9528cf3f12 "remove
ansi2knr junk", and a few preceding commits).

* /m4/jm-macros.m4 (gl_CHECK_ALL_TYPES): Don't require
`AM_C_PROTOTYPES' anymore.  This is required to avoid a (mostly
spurious) warning from automake.
---
 m4/jm-macros.m4 |    5 -----
 1 files changed, 0 insertions(+), 5 deletions(-)

diff --git a/m4/jm-macros.m4 b/m4/jm-macros.m4
index 58b000d..40ff3e1 100644
--- a/m4/jm-macros.m4
+++ b/m4/jm-macros.m4
@@ -193,11 +193,6 @@ AC_DEFUN([gl_CHECK_ALL_HEADERS],
 # This macro must be invoked before any tests that run the compiler.
 AC_DEFUN([gl_CHECK_ALL_TYPES],
 [
-  dnl This test must precede tests of compiler characteristics like
-  dnl that for the inline keyword, since it may change the degree to
-  dnl which the compiler supports such features.
-  AC_REQUIRE([AM_C_PROTOTYPES])
-
   dnl Checks for typedefs, structures, and compiler characteristics.
   AC_REQUIRE([gl_BIGENDIAN])
   AC_REQUIRE([AC_C_VOLATILE])
-- 
1.7.2.3