Subject: bug#9713: stdint.h in emacs

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 20:13:30 -0400

You've got this a lot in config.log:

./conftest: error while loading shared libraries: libintl.so.1: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory

which causes a bunch of tests to fail.

Looks like -lintl gets added to the list of libraries through

 # Solaris requires -lintl if you want strerror (which calls dgettext)
 # to return localized messages.
 AC_CHECK_LIB(intl, dgettext)

configure:15285: checking for dgettext in -lintl
configure:15310: gcc -std=gnu99 -o conftest  -g -O2
-I/usr/include/librsvg-2 -I/usr/include/glib-2.0
-I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/gtk-2.0
-I/usr/include/freetype2       -I/usr/include/freetype2
-Wl,-znocombreloc  conftest.c -lintl  -lncurses -lm -lxml2 -lz -lm
-lSM -lICE -lXrender -lXft -lXrender -lfontconfig -lfreetype -lX11
-L/lib -lrsvg-2 -lgdk_pixbuf-2.0 -lm -lgobject-2.0 -lgmodule-2.0 -ldl
-lglib-2.0   -lX11   -L/lib -ldbus-1   >&5 
conftest.c:200: warning: conflicting types for built-in function 'dgettext'
configure:15310: $? = 0
configure:15319: result: yes

On my system, that fails with

/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lintl
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status