Subject: Re: stdint.h in emacs

From: [email-masked] (Karl Berry)
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 23:52:19 GMT

Hi Paul,

    I can't reproduce the problem on CentOS 5.7 x86-64

Sigh.  If you need access to a real 32-bit system, let me know.

    gcc (GCC) 4.1.2 20080704 (Red Hat 4.1.2-51).  

That is my /usr/bin/gcc -version as well.  I ran this stuff with 
PATH=/bin:/usr/bin.

    with "configure CC='gcc -m32' --with-x-toolkit=no -with-xpm=no"

I omitted the CC=, and added --with-gif=no since I don't have that
library.

    Could you please send in your config.log and src/config.h?

Attached, along with the transcript of the configure (conf.out) and make
(make.out) runs, just in case.

I surmise gnulib thinks my system stdint.h is insufficient due to:
  checking whether stdint.h conforms to C99... no

Does Emacs require C99 now?  I didn't think so.  And then there is:
  checking for bit size of ptrdiff_t... unknown
which doesn't seem right ...

Thanks,
karl