Subject: Re: 24.0.90; cannot compile GNU Emacs with Apple modified GCC 4.0 and 4.2

From: Peter Dyballa <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 23:07:48 +0200

Am 09.10.2011 um 12:31 schrieb Peter Dyballa:

> (I wonder whether the sequence of the flags passed to the compiler  
> plays a role. I'll also try an additional test à la '-fast - 
> mcpu=7450 -mtune=G4' or '-fast -mcpu=7450 -mtune=7450' to be sure  
> that non-G4 options are effectively suppressed.

This makes no difference, -fast does not work! I also made the cross  
check leaving out the configure option --with-wide-int and produced  
the same failure. So GNU Emacs 24.0.90 cannot be compiled with -fast  
and the Apple modified compilers. Before it was possible. Used in  
February… (since then compiled with GCC 4.4 or 4.5 or other C compilers)

(I can try to restore the GNU Emacs 24.0.50 source code from backups  
to check when -fast started to fail.)

--
Greetings

   Pete

Hard Disk, n.:
	A device that allows users to delete vast quantities of data with  
simple mnemonic commands.