Subject: bug#970: Pretest next week

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 2009 17:49:38 +0200

> From: Kenichi Handa <[email-masked]>
> CC: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 11:49:19 +0900
> 
> > > Bug #970 is still not fixed, as of today's CVS.  Is someone working on
> > > it?  I don't think we can release Emacs 23 with this problem.
> 
> > I've just started to work on Bug #970.
> 
> I've just installed fixes.

Thank you, I confirm that most of the problems with compositions seem
to be solved, at least in the HELLO file display.

There are still a few strange phenomena with terminal display,
although they seem unrelated to compositions.

For example, after typing "C-h H", go to the line that begins with
"CJK variety", and type "C-f": you will see that the cursor jumps past
some of the characters inside parentheses.  Is this a bug?