Subject: bug#970: 23.0.60; Non-ASCII display problems on a tty

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 11:44:19 +0300

> From: Chong Yidong <[email-masked]>
> Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 14:32:00 -0400
> Cc: [email-masked]
> 
> > emacs -Q
> > C-h H
> >
> > Type C-n several times, and you will see some very strange behavior:
> > for example, some lines are skipped and point never enters them.
> 
> I think Kenichi Handa's latest composition changes should have fixed
> this.  Can you verify?

The ``some lines are skipped'' part is indeed solved.  But the other
problems mentioned in my bug report are still there.  For example,
compare the "South Asia" and "Bengali" lines with a graphics display:
the number and screen position of the `?' question marks displayed
on a tty instead of non-ASCII characters do not match those displayed
on a graphics terminal.