Subject: bug#9693: gnus-summary-read-group: undocumented parameters... and more!

From: Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Oct 2011 11:06:58 -0400

--8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
(defun gnus-summary-read-group (group &optional show-all no-article
				      kill-buffer no-display backward
				      select-articles)
  "Start reading news in newsgroup GROUP.
If SHOW-ALL is non-nil, already read articles are also listed.
If NO-ARTICLE is non-nil, no article is selected initially.
If NO-DISPLAY, don't generate a summary buffer."
--8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---

Needs a description for KILL-BUFFER, BACKWARD, and SELECT-ARTICLES.

gnus-summary-read-group-1 should at least make reference to
gnus-summary-read-group in its docstring, for the meaning of its
variables, and the difference in its semantics should be documented.

Also it would be very good to be more explicit about what it means to
"start reading news in" a group without generating a summary buffer.
That's quite non-obvious.

No Gnus v0.18
GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin10.8.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0 AppKit 1038.36)
 of 2011-09-12 on pluto.luannocracy.com
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.11.8 running at localhost (my fqdn: pluto.boostpro.com)
500 Unknown command

-- 
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing
http://www.boostpro.com