Subject: bug#9691: Patch Enclosed (When `gnus-registry-install' is 'ask, nnregistry is broken)

From: Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 13:25:12 -0400

On Fri, 14 Oct 2011 15:28:21 -0500 Ted Zlatanov <[email-masked]> wrote: 

TZ> On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 22:55:56 -0400 Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]> wrote: 
DA> Here is my proposed fix for this problem:

DA> From dc140ae8315ef7ab9ca07123d94cd40c507c6763 Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
DA> From:  Dave Abrahams <[email-masked]>
DA> Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 22:50:18 -0400
DA> Subject: [PATCH] Rationalize the use of `gnus-registry-install'

DA> - don't programmatically change `gnus-registry-install' (at least not
DA> permanently), because it's a user option.

DA> - use a new variable, `gnus-registry-enabled', to indicate whether the
DA> registry is active.

DA> - replace checks of `gnus-registry-install' with checks of
DA> `gnus-registry-enabled'

DA> This also fixes the bug that with the default setting of
DA> `gnus-registry-install' (`ask'), the nnregistry server is stuck at
DA> `denied'.

TZ> This is very nice, thank you.  I'll commit it.  We're in a feature
TZ> freeze but I think it's more of a bug fix than a feature.

This is committed, thanks again and sorry for the delay.

Ted