Subject: Re: bug#9684: Emacs 23.3 and 24.0.90 don't build on IRIX 6.5

From: Rainer Orth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2011 17:27:54 +0200

I've just tried building 24.0.90 with gcc 3.4 and MIPSpro cc:

* With gcc 3.4, the failure is the same as with gcc 4.6.

* With MIPSpro cc, I already get tons of compile failures:

cc-1041 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  The indicated expression must have arithmetic or pointer type.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1053 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A colon is expected at this point.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1168 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  The indicated type conversion is invalid.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1031 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  An integral expression is needed.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1031 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  An integral expression is needed.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1031 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  An integral expression is needed.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1053 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A colon is expected at this point.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1065 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A semicolon is expected at this point.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1055 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A macro invocation has too many arguments.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1055 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A macro invocation has too many arguments.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1054 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  There are not enough arguments in a macro invocation.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1055 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A macro invocation has too many arguments.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1055 cc: ERROR File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  A macro invocation has too many arguments.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

cc-1174 cc: WARNING File = /vol/src/gnu/emacs/emacs-24.0.90/src/buffer.h, Line = 1045
  The variable "PVEC_SUB_CHAR_TABLE" was declared but never referenced.

    Lisp_Object down = CHAR_TABLE_REF (downcase_table, c);
                       ^

I haven't tracked this down yet, and it's certainly another bug.

	Rainer