Subject: Re: bug#9682: Segfault from trunk with Lucid

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2019 08:06:26 +0200

"Jan D." <[email-masked]> writes:

> Damien Cassou skrev 2011-10-14 11:02:
>> On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 6:24 PM, Glenn Morris<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>>> Looks similar to http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6075
>>
>> Maybe. I can reproduce it and the bug does not seem to want to go
>> away. What can I do?
>>
>
> Compile the X libs where the crash is, or get hold of some debug info for them
> so you can see exactly what goes wrong.  There is probably some bad input, but
> what?
> It could also be a gcc issue or something debian specific.
> BTW what does -DDEBIAN enable?
>
> You can try to loose all your special CFLAGS and LDFLAGS as well as makeflags
> (-j8 has cause problems before).

Hi Damien,

That was 8 years ago.  Did you ever get a chance to look into this bug
any further?  Are you still seeing the same issue on a modern version
of Emacs, for example the latest version 26.2?

If I don't hear back from you in a couple of weeks, I'll just assume
that the issue has been fixed in the intervening years and close the
bug report.

Thanks,
Stefan Kangas