Subject: Re: bug#9676: Ephemeral groups show up in *Server* buffer

From: Leo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 07 Jan 2012 16:05:14 +0800

On 2012-01-07 09:06 +0800, Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen wrote:
> Ping?

I can reliably reproduce this bug but my description of step 2 in the
first email was a bit unclear.

I originally wrote:
,----
| 2. start emacs -q and eval the following code for a couple of times
| (let ((buf (find-file-noselect "postfix.mbox")))
|   (gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group "gnus-read-nndoc"
|                                    `(nndoc "abc" (nndoc-address ,buf)))
|   (kill-buffer buf))
`----

should be:

  2.1 emacs -q

  2.2 M-: (require 'gnus-group)

  2.2 M-: (let ((buf (find-file-noselect "postfix.mbox")))
            (gnus-group-read-ephemeral-group "gnus-read-nndoc"
                                   `(nndoc "abc" (nndoc-address ,buf)))
            (kill-buffer buf))

  2.3 in the summary buffer popped up in 2.2 hit `q' to exit

repeat step 2.2 and 2.3 a few times.

Go to the *group* buffer and hit ^ and you should see a few ephemeral
servers in the list.

,----[ gnus-opened-servers ]
| (((nndoc "abc-ephemeral+nndoc+abc-ephemeral:gnus-read-nndoc" (nndoc-address "abc-ephemeral") (nndoc-address "abc") (nndoc-address #<killed buffer>)) ok) ((nndoc "abc-ephemeral" (nndoc-address "abc") (nndoc-address #<killed buffer>)) ok) ((nndoc "abc-ephemeral" (nndoc-address "abc") (nndoc-address #<killed buffer>)) ok) ((nndraft "") ok))
`----

,----[ gnus-ephemeral-servers ]
| ((nndoc "abc-ephemeral" (nndoc-address "abc") (nndoc-address #<killed buffer>)) (nndoc "abc-ephemeral" (nndoc-address "abc") (nndoc-address #<killed buffer>)))
`----

Leo