Subject: Re: bug#9674: 24.0.90; Closing an emacsclient frame always kills daemon

From: Damien Cassou <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 13:28:28 +0200

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 7:54 PM, Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> wrote:
> This seems rather backward. I would have expected the issue that message
> refers to to be the actual problem that you are seeing. There's no way
> you can get that message in a non-GTK build. Maybe your system was
> lacking the necessary libraries for a Lucid toolkit build and defaulted
> to gtk? (I don't even know if that can happen.)

Ok, I understand. When I launch:

$ lib-src/emacsclient --alternate-editor="" -c ~/.bashrc

the daemon is created from /usr/bin/emacs and not from the ./src/emacs
that I have just compiled. I guess it's not possible to choose which
emacs to execute using this --alternate-editor parameter. Bug #9682
prevents me from testing with lucid.

-- 
Damien Cassou
http://damiencassou.seasidehosting.st

"Lambdas are relegated to relative obscurity until Java makes them
popular by not having them." James Iry