Subject: 24.0.50; C-d has unexpected behaviour in CUA rectangle mode

From: Stefan Reichör <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 Oct 2011 08:30:29 +0200

Just activate cua mode, select an rectangle and hit DEL or C-d:
M-x cua-mode
C-RET
select rectangle
DEL

I expect this command to delete the whole rectangle

But it deletes only one character and deactivates the marked
rectangle

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/emacs/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-12 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: DEU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: cp1252
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  vhdl-stutter-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  icomplete-mode: t
  global-ede-mode: t
  global-semanticdb-minor-mode: t
  global-semantic-idle-scheduler-mode: t
  semantic-mode: t
  which-function-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  global-cwarn-mode: t
  diff-auto-refine-mode: t
  global-auto-revert-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  cua-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Recent input:
<f12> <down> <down> <down> <return> s-s <up> <up> <up> 
<up> <C-return> <down> <down> <right> <right> <right> 
<right> <delete> M-x r e p o r t - <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Updating buffer list...done
Commands: m, u, t, RET, g, k, S, D, Q; q to quit; h for help
Mark set
C-?:help M-p:pad M-o:open M-c:close M-b:blank M-s:string M-f:fill M-i:incr M-n:seq

Load-path shadows:

Features:
(shadow gnus-cite mail-extr emacsbug cua-rect ibuf-ext
semantic/tag-write conf-mode iss-mode nroff-mode org-wl org-w3m org-vm
org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp
ob-exp org-exp-blocks org-agenda org-info org-gnus org-docview
org-bibtex bibtex org-bbdb org ob-emacs-lisp ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob
ob-table org-footnote org-src ob-comint ob-keys ob ob-eval org-pcomplete
org-list org-faces org-compat org-entities org-macs noutline outline
inversion tcl generic vc-bzr bzr-dvc bzr dvc-annotate vhdl-mode
semantic/imenu semantic/sb semantic/sort vc-svn semantic/db-file
cedet-files tla hl-line smerge-mode dvc-state dvc-config dvc-diff
dvc-fileinfo diff tla-gnus dvc-gnus dvc-cmenu dvc-about dvc-version
dvc-revlist semantic/wisent/python semantic/decorate/include
semantic/db-find semantic/db-ref semantic/decorate/mode
semantic/decorate pulse semantic/dep semantic/wisent/python-wy
semantic/wisent semantic/wisent/wisent ede/dired desktop filecache woof
progr-align remind-mode sww quick-task x-dict webjump browse-url tramp
shell tramp-compat auth-source tramp-loaddefs mmm-auto mmm-vars
mmm-compat tmmofl mouse-embrace xwindow-ring saveplace align longlines
keep-buffers minibuffer-complete-cycle icomplete browse-kill-ring misc
newcomment planner-tasks-overview planner-accomplishments planner-gnus
gnus-msg gnus-art mm-uu mml2015 epg-config mm-view mml-smime smime
password-cache dig mailcap nnir gnus-sum nnoo gnus-group gnus-undo
nnmail mail-source gnus-start gnus-spec gnus-int gnus-range gnus-win
gnus gnus-ems nnheader gnus-util planner-multi crm planner-id
planner-bbdb planner muse-latex muse-html muse-xml-common muse-wiki
muse-colors cus-edit cus-start cus-load muse-publish muse-project
muse-protocols muse-regexps muse muse-nested-tags muse-mode emacs-wiki
emacs-wiki-publish emacs-wiki-project emacs-wiki-macros
emacs-wiki-colors emacs-wiki-regexps pcomplete bbdb-autoloads bbdb-print
bbdb-com bbdb sendmail message format-spec rfc822 mml mml-sec mm-decode
mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums
mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader timezone
boxquote rect timeclock bubble-buffer ibuffer bzr-core tla-core
tla-autoconf tla-defs dvc-log vc vc-dispatcher ffap ediff xdarcs-core
xgit-core xhg-core xmtn-minimal ede/linux ede/emacs ede/cpp-root
ede/speedbar ede/files ede ede/base ede/auto ede/source eieio-speedbar
eieio-custom semantic/db-mode semantic/db eieio-base semantic/idle
semantic/format semantic/tag-ls semantic/ctxt eassist
semantic/util-modes semantic/util semantic semantic/tag semantic/lex
semantic/fw loaddefs eieio mode-local cedet which-func imenu speedbar
sb-image ezimage dframe assoc find-library read-library appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs esh-groups eshell esh-var esh-io esh-cmd esh-ext esh-proc
esh-arg eldoc esh-mode esh-util esh-module esh-toggle
python-exception-walker pydoc xsteve-python python-mode info-look info
ansi-color compile cwarn cc-mode cc-fonts cc-guess cc-menus cc-cmds
cc-styles cc-align cc-engine cc-vars cc-defs skeleton reftex reftex-vars
font-latex tex sort cygwin-mount ange-ftp executable etags-table etags
hideshow printing ps-print ps-def lpr msb mouse-copy paren stig-paren
reporter xsteve-functions cal-iso cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs
bookmark dvc-autoloads dvc-unified dvc-tips dvc-core dvc-lisp
dvc-buffers dvc-ui dvc-register dvc-utils dvc-emacs ewoc dvc-defs
dvc-site psvn byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile cconv macroexp
derived edmacro kmacro cl log-edit pcvs-util add-log diff-mode
easy-mmode pp elp ediff-merg ediff-diff ediff-wind ediff-mult ediff-help
ediff-init ediff-util uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload autorevert
ehelp electric recentf tree-widget wid-edit generic-x server wdired
dired-x easymenu dired ido hippie-exp comint regexp-opt ring cua-base
tex-site time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel
dos-w32 disp-table ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image
fringe lisp-mode register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select
scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham
georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao
korean japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic
indian cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple
abbrev minibuffer button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget
hashtable-print-readable backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)