Subject: Re: bug#9663: 23.2; feature wish: put priority on vcursor overlay

From: Hendrik Tews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2011 09:57:56 +0100

Kevin Rodgers writes:
   Date: Wed, 05 Oct 2011 22:10:52 -0600
   Subject: Re: bug#9663: 23.2; feature wish: put priority on vcursor overlay
   
   Wouldn't nil be a better default value than 500?
   
No, I don't believe so. 

As a secondary cursor the virtual cursor should be visible under
almost all circumstances (in fact, I don't know a use-case, where
the virtual cursor should be hidden below some other overlay).
Therefore the priority of the vcursor should be reasonable high. 

Using nil as default would mean that every user of vcursor that
uses a package which puts priorities on overlays, has to
reconfigure the priority. 

On the other hand, having the defcustom vcursor-overlay-priority
with default nil would still be a big improvement over the
current situation, where vcursor users are forced to use advice
on vcursor-move.

Bye,

Hendrik