Subject: Re: bug#965: 23.0.60; filesets doc

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Feb 2014 19:43:04 -0800

"Drew Adams" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Some quick feedback on the filesets doc:
>
> 1. `i' in the Emacs manual followed by `filesets' shows index entries
> `filesets' and `filesets <1>'. The former is not about filesets in
> general, but about version control editing. The latter is the normal
> filesets entry, but `<1>' means nothing to users.

Seems to be fixed now.

> 2. There is no index entry for `file set' or `file-set' or `sets of
> files'. A user might not know that `fileset' just happens to be
> written that (non-standard) way.

Adding these spelling variations to the index doesn't seem very productive.

> 3. Node Filesets: "initially creates only the current file": no file
> is _created_.

Can't find that string in the manual.

> 7. There is nothing in the Emacs-Lisp manual about filesets. The
> fileset features and the Emacs Lisp behind them (e.g. keywords) should
> be explained (somewhere). Presumably, filesets should be of interest
> to Lisp programmers.

It seems more useful to users than to Lisp programmers.  I've never
heard of the stuff until now.

Anyway, closing.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/