Subject: no support for viewing bmp images?

From: xah lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 15:02:28 -0700

I tried to open a bmp image file, but when it opened in a buffer it  
shows ascii.
for example, i can view jpg, gif, png image files.

In GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin8.11.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
  of 2008-04-05 on g5.tokyo.stp.isas.jaxa.jp
Windowing system distributor `Apple Inc.', version 10.4.11
configured using `configure  '--prefix=/Applications/Emacs.app/ 
Contents/Resources' '--with-carbon' '--without-x' '--libexecdir=/ 
Volumes/Emacs/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/libexec' 'CFLAGS=-Os -arch  
i386 -arch ppc -isysroot /Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk -DUSE_ATSUI - 
DUSE_MAC_TSM''

Recent messages:
./Snapshot_001.bmp
./Snapshot_002.bmp
./Snapshot_003.bmp
./Snapshot_004.bmp

   Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

☄

☄