Subject: 24.0.90; resizing window vertically does weird things on OS X Lion

From: Jason Lewis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2011 23:01:36 +1000

--text follows this line--
Resizing the window vertically on OS X Lion behaves very strangely.
as you drag up or down, the window jumps all over the place. then when
you let go of the mouse button, the window dissapears. CMD+Tab to
another app and back and the window re-appears but is usually very small
and at the top of the screen.

Steps to reproduce. Start emacs on OS X Lion. with the mouse, grab the 
bottom
edge of the window and drag up and down.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.90.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.35)
  of 2011-09-27 on virtualmac.porkrind.org
Windowing system distributor `Apple', version 10.3.1138
configured using `configure  '--host=x86_64-apple-darwin' 
'--build=i686-apple-darwin' '--with-ns' 'build_alias=i686-apple-darwin' 
'host_alias=x86_64-apple-darwin' 'CC=gcc -mmacosx-version-min=10.5''

Important settings:
   value of $LC_ALL: nil
   value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
   value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
   value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
   value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
   value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
   value of $LC_TIME: nil
   value of $LANG: nil
   value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
   locale-coding-system: nil
   default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
   eldoc-mode: t
   paredit-mode: t
   hl-line-mode: t
   show-paren-mode: t
   recentf-mode: t
   mouse-wheel-mode: t
   menu-bar-mode: t
   file-name-shadow-mode: t
   global-font-lock-mode: t
   font-lock-mode: t
   auto-composition-mode: t
   auto-encryption-mode: t
   auto-compression-mode: t
   column-number-mode: t
   line-number-mode: t
   transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> M-x r e p o <tab>
r <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Loading /Users/jason/.recentf...done
Cleaning up the recentf list...done (0 removed)
Loading /Users/jason/.emacs.d/loaddefs.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/jason/.emacs.d/custom.el (source)...done
Loading /Users/jason/.emacs.d/jason.el (source)...
`epa-file' already enabled
Loading /Users/jason/.emacs.d/jason.el (source)...done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type C-h C-a.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/elpa/zenburn-1.8/zenburn hides 
/Users/jason/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/zenburn
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/elpa/color-theme-6.6.1/color-theme hides 
/Users/jason/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/color-theme
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/loaddefs hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/loaddefs
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/custom hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/custom
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/elpa/ruby-mode-1.1/ruby-mode hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
/Users/jason/.emacs.d//elpa-to-submit/cperl-mode hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/progmodes/cperl-mode
/Users/jason/.emacs.d/package hides 
/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/emacs-lisp/package

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell gnus-util mail-extr message rfc822 mml
mml-sec mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045
ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mailabbrev mail-utils gmm-utils mailheader
emacsbug help-mode view eldoc paredit hl-line idle-highlight
dired-single winner ring color-theme reporter server epa-file epa
derived epg epg-config erc-highlight-nicknames easy-mmode erc-button
erc-fill erc-stamp erc-goodies erc erc-backend erc-compat format-spec pp
starter-kit-js starter-kit-ruby starter-kit-perl starter-kit-lisp
starter-kit-eshell starter-kit-registers starter-kit-misc ido paren
starter-kit-bindings windmove edmacro kmacro starter-kit-defuns imenu
thingatpt dominating-file recentf tree-widget wid-edit easymenu
ansi-color uniquify advice help-fns advice-preload ffap saveplace
starter-kit-elpa cl anything-autoloads anything-complete-autoloads
anything-config-autoloads color-theme-complexity-autoloads
color-theme-emacs-revert-theme-autoloads color-theme-solarized-autoloads
color-theme-twilight-autoloads color-theme-vim-insert-mode-autoloads
color-theme-zenburn-autoloads color-theme-autoloads
cygwin-mount-autoloads dired-single-autoloads
find-file-in-project-autoloads gist-autoloads idle-highlight-autoloads
inf-ruby-autoloads magit-autoloads php-completion-autoloads
php-mode-autoloads rainbow-delimiters-autoloads rainbow-mode-autoloads
ruby-mode-autoloads yaml-mode-autoloads zenburn-autoloads znc-autoloads
finder-inf package time-date tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
mwheel ns-win tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register page
menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock
syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang
vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev minibuffer loaddefs
button faces cus-face files text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process ns multi-tty emacs)