Subject: Re: bug#9623: mouse wheel scroll increases size of selected region

From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 14:35:15 +0100

On 28/09/11 07:42, Glenn Morris wrote:

> This does not happen in Emacs 23.3, which correctly pastes just the text
> that was selected.
>
> So maybe it is intended? But it seems odd, so I am reporting it.
>

I do not think it's intended.  I actually thought this issue _was_ fixed 
in-tree some time after my first patch for it [1], however I don't use a 
scroll wheel normally (gfx tablet), so I wouldn't necessarily have 
noticed if there was a regression (or maybe even if it was never fixed 
in-tree at all)

[1]

Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 14:23:08 +0000
From: David De La Harpe Golden <[email-masked]>
To: Emacs developers <[email-masked]>
Subject: select-active-regions mouse wheel scroll bug fix

http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-11/msg00459.html