Subject: bug#6029: closed (Re: bug#9621: 24.0.90; a characger not displayed)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2011 19:01:03 +0000

Your bug report

#9621: 23.1.96; Fail to render some Japanese characters on Windows

which was filed against the emacs,w32 package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9621: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9621
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9621: 24.0.90; a characger not displayed
From: Jason Rumney <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2011 02:57:32 +0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

"Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Do we have a conclusion to this issue?  24.0.91 is showing the same
> problem to me.  I want to know if this is my local problem or emacs
> problem.

I checked in a fix just now. Where previously the Vista machine I
borrowed used BatangChe font for kana, after the fix it uses MS Mincho.

Subject: 23.1.96; Fail to render some Japanese characters on Windows
From: Tak Ota <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Apr 2010 08:17:41 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Some Japanese characters don't render correctly.  One such example
character is the middle letter in the word game "ゲーム".  Another one
I found is the dot character here between 1 and 2 "１・２".

It is tested on GNU Emacs 23.1.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600) running on
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600).  This problem is not
new and has been observed for some time.

----------------------------------------------------------------
This bug report will be sent to the Free Software Foundation,
not to your local site managers!
Please write in English if possible, because the Emacs maintainers
usually do not have translators to read other languages for them.

Your bug report will be posted to the [email-masked] mailing list,
and to the gnu.emacs.bug news group.

Please describe exactly what actions triggered the bug
and the precise symptoms of the bug.  If you can, give
a recipe starting from `emacs -Q':

If Emacs crashed, and you have the Emacs process in the gdb debugger,
please include the output from the following gdb commands:
    `bt full' and `xbacktrace'.
For information about debugging Emacs, please read the file
c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/etc/DEBUG.

In GNU Emacs 23.1.96.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2010-04-20 on TAK-VAIO-Z790
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 6.1.7600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (3.4) --cflags -Ic:/d/pub/emacs/include --ldflags -Lc:/d/pub/emacs/lib'

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: ENU
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: euc-jp-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Help

Minor modes in effect:
  auto-image-file-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  display-time-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  size-indication-mode: t
  column-number-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  view-mode: t

Recent input:
<help-echo> <down-mouse-1> <mouse-1> ESC x a p r o 
SPC <return> r e p o r t <return> C-o C-x C-q C-f b 
u g C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s C-s 
C-e C-s C-s C-s C-s <return> C-x C-d C-d ESC x r e 
p o SPC r t SPC e m a SPC b u SPC <return>

Recent messages:
Loading c:/d/ota/.eudc-options...
Loading eudcb-ldap...done
Loading c:/d/ota/.eudc-options...done
Saving file c:/d/ota/.eudc-options...
Wrote c:/d/ota/.eudc-options
Reading .emacs ... done
For information about GNU Emacs and the GNU system, type <f1> C-a.
Mark saved where search started
Type "q" to delete this window.
Making completion list...

Load-path shadows:
c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/../site-lisp/p4 hides c:/emacs/site-lisp/p4/p4
c:/emacs/site-lisp/working/working hides c:/emacs/site-lisp/semantic/working
c:/emacs/site-lisp/dictionary/dictionary-1.8.4/lpath hides c:/emacs/site-lisp/auctex/lpath
c:/emacs/site-lisp/g-client/json hides c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/lisp/json
c:/emacs/site-lisp/ibuffer/ibuffer hides c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/lisp/ibuffer
c:/emacs/site-lisp/doc-view/doc-view hides c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/lisp/doc-view
c:/emacs/site-lisp/ruby-mode/ruby-mode hides c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/lisp/progmodes/ruby-mode
c:/emacs/site-lisp/semantic/semantic hides c:/emacs/emacs-23.1.96/lisp/cedet/semantic

Features:
(shadow sort flyspell ispell mail-extr message ecomplete rfc822 mml
mml-sec password-cache mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mailcap mail-parse
rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums mailabbrev nnheader gnus-util
netrc time-date mm-util mail-prsvr gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1
hex-util hashcash mail-utils emacsbug multi-isearch help-mode view
apropos ffap wwtime scheduler table file-templates ruler-mode mule-util
time-stamp eudcb-ldap ldap eudc eudc-options-file cus-edit cus-start
cus-load eudc-vars ell derived working ansi-color edebug python-mode cl
cl-19 jka-compr compile image-file gud pcvs pcvs-parse pcvs-info
pcvs-defs easy-mmode pcvs-util ewoc recentf tree-widget wid-edit
byte-opt bytecomp byte-compile mew-auth mew-config mew-imap2 mew-imap
mew-nntp2 mew-nntp mew-pop mew-smtp mew-ssl mew-ssh mew-net
mew-highlight mew-sort mew-fib mew-ext ange-ftp comint ring mew-refile
mew-demo mew-attach mew-draft mew-message mew-thread mew-virtual
mew-summary4 mew-summary3 mew-summary2 mew-summary mew-search mew-pick
mew-passwd mew-scan mew-syntax mew-bq mew-smime mew-pgp mew-header
mew-exec mew-mark mew-mime mew-edit mew-decode mew-encode mew-cache
mew-minibuf mew-complete mew-addrbook mew-local mew-win32 mew-vars3
mew-vars2 mew-vars mew-env mew-lang-jp mew-mule3 mew-mule mew-gemacs
mew-key mew-func mew-blvs mew-const mew kkc ja-dic-utl advice help-fns
advice-preload japan-util thingatpt time cal-china lunar solar cal-dst
cal-bahai cal-islam cal-hebrew holidays hol-loaddefs appt diary-lib
diary-loaddefs regexp-opt cal-menu easymenu calendar cal-loaddefs
tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel dos-w32 disp-table
ls-lisp w32-win w32-vars tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode
register page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev
button minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process multi-tty emacs)