Subject: Re: bug#9621: 24.0.90; a characger not displayed

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Sep 2011 10:31:34 +0300

> Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 15:58:02 -0700
> From: "Ota, Takaaki" <[email-masked]>
> 
> One of the Japanese character code (unicode 30fc -
> http://www.fileformat.info/info/unicode/char/30fc/index.htm) does not
> display correctly on w32 platform.  Instead of the correct shape of
> the character what I see is a rectangle box at the character location
> that has hex number 30 and fc inside.  Following two lines includes
> the subject character.
> 
> テストケース
> インティグレーション

FWIW, this character is displayed correctly on my MS-Windows box.
"C-u C-x =" says that it is displayed using the Uniscribe font driver
and this font:

   uniscribe:-outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-15-*-*-*-p-*-jisx0208*-* (#x12D9)

Here's my output of the commands requested by Handa-san:

default fontset: font for: 12540
uniscribe-list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
uniscribe-list: -outline-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -outline-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -outline-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
uniscribe-list: -*-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -*-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -*-Courier New-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
uniscribe-list: -*-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -*-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -*-Courier New-*-jisx0208*-*
uniscribe-list: -outline-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -outline-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -outline-*-mono-*-jisx0208*-*
uniscribe-list: -outline-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Code2000-normal-normal-normal-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
w32font-list: -outline-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Code2000-normal-normal-normal-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
list: -outline-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Code2000-normal-normal-normal-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  -outline-Code2000-normal-normal-normal-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
sort-by: -*-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*
  uniscribe:-outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
open: -outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
  uniscribe:-outline-Arial Unicode MS-normal-normal-normal-sans-13-*-p-*-jisx0208*-*
default fontset: font for: 1499
uniscribe-list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-iso10646-1:script=hebrew
  -outline-Courier New-normal-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
w32font-list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-iso10646-1:script=hebrew
  -outline-Courier New-normal-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
list: -outline-Courier New-*-mono-*-iso10646-1:script=hebrew
  -outline-Courier New-normal-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-normal-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-italic-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-bold-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  -outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
sort-by: -*-normal-normal-normal-*-13-*
  uniscribe:-outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
open: -outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-*-c-*-iso10646-1
  uniscribe:-outline-Courier New-normal-normal-normal-mono-13-*-c-*-iso10646-1