Subject: Re: bug#9610: 24.0.90; org-mode: sluggish response and high CPU utilization with large .org files

From: Lawrence Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 16:10:25 +0100

Steve Revilak wrote:

>>> I'd like to report an org-mode regression issue.  When working with
>>> large .org files, Emacs 24.0.90 becomes sluggish, and consumes large
>>> amounts of CPU.

>> If you type this:

>>  M-x set-variable RET bidi-paragraph-direction RET left-to-right RET

>> does the problem go away?

> My bug report contained two scenarios to produce sluggish response and
> high CPU utilization.  These scenarios were

>  (1) move point to the end of buffer, and start typing

>  (2) Put point in line 1, column zero; press and hold the down (then up)
>  arrows to move point down (then up) the org-mode buffer.

> Setting bidi-paragraph-direction: left-to-right eliminates the problem
> with scenario (1).  However, it has no effect on scenario (2).

Setting bidi-display-reordering to nil in the buffer has the
effect that moving point is no longer jerky for me.

Lawrence