Subject: Re: bug#9598: 24.0.50; completion goes too far

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 06:42:18 -0400

> When in the *mail* buffer, I found that C-x b *ma TAB offered me
    [...]
    > and did not mention *mail* at all.

    That's on purpose: C-x b is about moving to another buffer, so it
    explicitly excludes the current buffer.

TAB excludes the current buffer from completion, so that you can
more often get a useful completion result.

However, listing the available completions is a different issue.
Omitting the current buffer there is not beneficial; it only gives
the user less useful information.  There, the current buffer
should be included.

Basically, try-complete should exclude the current buffer
but all-completions should include it.

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/