Subject: bug#9596: 24.0.50; region face on GTK+ build under KDE

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:51:17 +0200

Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:

> I build Emacs with the GTK+ toolkit, and region face has the standard
> setting, consisting of the attributes Foreground and Background set to
> gtk_selection_fg_color and gtk_selection_bg_color, respectively.  The
> latter is a somewhat light blue (hex #43ace8), the former close to black
> (hex #221f1e, which is the standard value of the foreground attribute of
> the default face in my Emacs).  However, on other applications
> (e.g. Firefox), while the selection has the same background color, the
> foreground color is white.  I'm running Emacs under KDE 4.7.1 on
> openSUSE 11.4 and using the Oxygen-Gtk theme.  According to the
> systemwide config file for this theme, the color of selections has RGB
> values 67,172,232 (= hex #43ace8) for the background and 255,255,255 (=
> white) for the foreground.  This problem appears to be specific to the
> Oxygen-Gtk theme: with other themes, Emacs shows the selection
> foreground as white.  So apparently Emacs is not picking up the
> Oxygen-Gtk theme setting for gtk_selection_fg_color.

(I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
the time.)

This was nine years ago -- are you still seeing these issues?  I don't
seem to have any Gtk theme called Oxygen here, so I can't test.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
   bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no