Subject: 24.0.50; region face on GTK+ build under KDE

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 01:10:39 +0200

I build Emacs with the GTK+ toolkit, and region face has the standard
setting, consisting of the attributes Foreground and Background set to
gtk_selection_fg_color and gtk_selection_bg_color, respectively.  The
latter is a somewhat light blue (hex #43ace8), the former close to black
(hex #221f1e, which is the standard value of the foreground attribute of
the default face in my Emacs).  However, on other applications
(e.g. Firefox), while the selection has the same background color, the
foreground color is white.  I'm running Emacs under KDE 4.7.1 on
openSUSE 11.4 and using the Oxygen-Gtk theme.  According to the
systemwide config file for this theme, the color of selections has RGB
values 67,172,232 (= hex #43ace8) for the background and 255,255,255 (=
white) for the foreground.  This problem appears to be specific to the
Oxygen-Gtk theme: with other themes, Emacs shows the selection
foreground as white.  So apparently Emacs is not picking up the
Oxygen-Gtk theme setting for gtk_selection_fg_color.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.2 (i686-suse-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.22.1)
 of 2011-09-24 on escher
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.10903000
configured using `configure  '--without-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'CFLAGS=-g''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=local
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t