Subject: Re: bug#9596: 24.0.50; region face on GTK+ build under KDE

From: Stephen Berman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2021 11:56:05 +0200

On Wed, 02 Jun 2021 09:51:17 +0200 Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Stephen Berman <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> I build Emacs with the GTK+ toolkit, and region face has the standard
>> setting, consisting of the attributes Foreground and Background set to
>> gtk_selection_fg_color and gtk_selection_bg_color, respectively.  The
>> latter is a somewhat light blue (hex #43ace8), the former close to black
>> (hex #221f1e, which is the standard value of the foreground attribute of
>> the default face in my Emacs).  However, on other applications
>> (e.g. Firefox), while the selection has the same background color, the
>> foreground color is white.  I'm running Emacs under KDE 4.7.1 on
>> openSUSE 11.4 and using the Oxygen-Gtk theme.  According to the
>> systemwide config file for this theme, the color of selections has RGB
>> values 67,172,232 (= hex #43ace8) for the background and 255,255,255 (=
>> white) for the foreground.  This problem appears to be specific to the
>> Oxygen-Gtk theme: with other themes, Emacs shows the selection
>> foreground as white.  So apparently Emacs is not picking up the
>> Oxygen-Gtk theme setting for gtk_selection_fg_color.
>
> (I'm going through old bug reports that unfortunately got no response at
> the time.)
>
> This was nine years ago -- are you still seeing these issues?  I don't
> seem to have any Gtk theme called Oxygen here, so I can't test.

I don't have it now either, and the way Gtk themes work under KDE seems
to have changed in the mean time; at least, I can't reproduce anything
like what I reported on current openSUSE Tumbleweed with KDE.  So I'm
closing the bug.  Thanks for checking.

Steve Berman