Subject: bug#9591: 24.0.50; buffer name completion

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 25 Sep 2011 02:19:10 +0200

Richard Stallman <[email-masked]> writes:

> Anyway, these buffers are supposed to be semi-hidden.
> It isn't right for them to pop up due a completion
> the user would not have expected.

Yeah, they ought to be hidden better than they are now.  Otherwise the
distinction between "user buffers" and "hidden buffers" (i.e., the ones
that have name starting with a space) gets pretty meaningless.

But as a developer, I find that selecting the hidden buffers can be
meaningful.  I think it would be a great feature is the hidden buffers
stay more hidden unless you request them, and if there was some kind of
command you could give to make them visible if you really want them to.

For instance, if you said `C-u C-x b', perhaps the hidden buffers would
be visible?  And if you didn't say `C-u', the hidden buffers would be
totally hidden?

That would go for the normal `C-x b' and the ido version, too.

-- 
(domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
  bloggy blog http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no/