Subject: Re: bug#9581: 24.0.50; dbus-unregister-object fails if service is nil

From: Julien Danjou <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 14:16:09 +0200

On Sun, Sep 25 2011, Michael Albinus wrote:

> The point was that I have `dbus-debug' set to t "since ever". In this
> case, `dbus-get-name-owner' raises an error, which I've seen ...

Ok, that explains everything! :)

>>> This entry has a corrupted match rule. Again, which trick brings
>>> `dbus-register-signal' to accept it? I must implement a counter-check
>>> for this!
>>
>> Yes. If you want me to test a patch before committing it, or to run a
>> debug patch with some printf or whatever, do not hesitate.
>
> Should be fixed now.

It is fixed now.

>> And I was *only* testing dbus-register-signal, so there seems to be
>> still some case or the "(when service …" stuff is doing ReleaseName even
>> on a signal match.
>
> Also fixed.

This if fixed now.

I think you can close this bug, and maybe reopen one if you want to
track the other changes you want to do after the pretest. You call. :)

-- 
Julien Danjou