Subject: Re: bug#9571: 24.0.50; user option to turn off bidi, please

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 08:31:33 -0400

"Figure out what's really present" is sufficiently vague that I don't
    know what is the right way to address this need.  find-file-literally is
    at least as likely to be effective, and in many more cases.

find-file-literally disables character set decoding.  That means you'd
have to manually figure out how the bytes correspond to the characters
of the file, or else give a command to decode it.

If the confusion has to do with bidi, the feature you want for
understanding it is to turn off bidi and nothing else.  It has to be
easy to do, so why NOT do it?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation
51 Franklin St
Boston MA 02110
USA
www.fsf.org  www.gnu.org
Skype: No way! That's nonfree (freedom-denying) software.
  Use free telephony http://directory.fsf.org/category/tel/