Subject: bug#9571: 24.0.50; user option to turn off bidi, please

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 14:50:59 +0300

> From: Štěpán Němec <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 13:09:49 +0200
> 
> By under-documenting the issue you only provide more opportunity to
> FUD. In other words, not clearly saying that bidi might bring
> problems and how to work around them in the user documentation at
> this point would only be reasonable if Emacs bidi was pretty much a
> solved problem, but that's really not the impression I got from the
> related emacs-devel discussions or even from your explanation.

I happen to be a documentation freak, and tried to do my best in
documenting everything related to bidi.  If you can suggest specific
changes to the user manual or NEWS about this, please do.  Saying in
the manual that some feature "means trouble" is not something we use
to do, because users will say "if it's trouble, why don't you fix
it?".  We need to find a way of saying something useful that will help
users nonetheless.  Suggestions are welcome.