Subject: RE: bug#9571: 24.0.50; user option to turn off bidi, please

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:46:38 -0700

> > Thinking, in fact, of you, Juanma, I read precisely that 
> > Wikipedia article BEFORE I wrote that sentence, being
> > personally ignorant and indifferent to limbosity.
> 
> Why, pray tell, thinking of me? Because I'm nitpicky enough to answer
> to that, or because being a Spaniard I'm more likely to be Catholic
> (which I theoretically am, but not in fact)?

Because you are knowledgable in many historical and language matters and are
wont to refer to Wikipedia.

I read that article mainly because I had heard only vague things about limbo and
wanted to get a little background before saying something completely incorrect,
even if I was really only joking about the popular (and no doubt inaccurate)
meaning of "limbo".

Thinking of you in that regard was secondary, and only because, as I say, you
are one who is both knowledgable and wont to correct inaccuracies even in
non-technical matters.  And yes, you can properly take that as a compliment,
from someone who is also sometimes interested in non-software topics.

> > "And perhaps never was" sums up the situation quite 
> > accurately, as I read that Wikipedia article.
> 
> Sums up the situation quite accurately. Which is unrelated to any
> recent change of status.

We do agree, I fear.