Subject: 23.3; Dired and recursive copy from ftp

From: Yury Bulka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:04:49 +0300

Dear Emacs developers,

I'm not sure if it's a real bug, but there's some problem with copying
directories recursively from ftp in dired. Imagine a directory tree:
        parent
        \- child1
           \- some files
        \- child2
           \- some files
                        
If I try to copy the 'parent' directory from server, it copies the
'child1' directory and then stops with error "Wrong type argument:
integerp, nil". The same situation if I mark the 'child1' and 'child2'
directories and try copy them.

Hope it's not hard to fix...
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.3)
 of 2011-04-10 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11003000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: uk_UA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> C-n C-n <return> q C b a c k u p <return> 
y e s <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x b r <backspace> <backspace> r e b <tab> p <backspace> 
<backspace> p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Getting PWD...done
Doing CD...done
Listing /ftp:[email-masked]:/...done
Doing CD...done
Listing /ftp:[email-masked]:/blainemailbox/...done
Doing CD...done
Listing blainemailbox/Paypal Script/...done
Copying blainemailbox/Paypal Script/index.html to /home/yurb/amnis/bmail/backup/Paypal Script/...done
Copying blainemailbox/Paypal Script/paypalscript021409.txt to /home/yurb/amnis/bmail/backup/Paypal Script/...done
byte-code: Wrong type argument: integerp, nil

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash emacsbug dired-aux
ange-ftp tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source shell comint format-spec
tramp-compat trampver dired bbdb timezone diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-iso org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-bibtex org-bbdb cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-agenda org
byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline
outline easy-mmode mediawiki derived regexp-opt url-cache cl cl-19 ring
mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode gnus-util netrc mm-bodies mm-encode url-http
tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums time-date
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-gw url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr server
bbdb-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)