Subject: bug#9565: closed (Re: bug#9565: 23.3; Dired and recursive copy from ftp)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 10:05:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9565: 23.3; Dired and recursive copy from ftp

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9565: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9565
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9565: 23.3; Dired and recursive copy from ftp
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Cc: Yury Bulka <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 12:04:19 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Glenn Morris <[email-masked]> writes:

> This still happens with the current Emacs trunk. Here is a backtrace:

I've fixed this in the trunk.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 23.3; Dired and recursive copy from ftp
From: Yury Bulka <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 21:04:49 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Dear Emacs developers,

I'm not sure if it's a real bug, but there's some problem with copying
directories recursively from ftp in dired. Imagine a directory tree:
        parent
        \- child1
           \- some files
        \- child2
           \- some files
                        
If I try to copy the 'parent' directory from server, it copies the
'child1' directory and then stops with error "Wrong type argument:
integerp, nil". The same situation if I mark the 'child1' and 'child2'
directories and try copy them.

Hope it's not hard to fix...
Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 23.3.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.3)
 of 2011-04-10 on raven, modified by Debian
Windowing system distributor `The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.11003000
configured using `configure  '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--build' 'i486-linux-gnu' '--prefix=/usr' '--sharedstatedir=/var/lib' '--libexecdir=/usr/lib' '--localstatedir=/var/lib' '--infodir=/usr/share/info' '--mandir=/usr/share/man' '--with-pop=yes' '--enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs23:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/23.3/leim' '--with-x=yes' '--with-x-toolkit=gtk' '--with-toolkit-scroll-bars' 'build_alias=i486-linux-gnu' 'CFLAGS=-DDEBIAN -g -O2' 'LDFLAGS=-g' 'CPPFLAGS=''

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: nil
  value of $LC_COLLATE: nil
  value of $LC_CTYPE: nil
  value of $LC_MESSAGES: nil
  value of $LC_MONETARY: nil
  value of $LC_NUMERIC: nil
  value of $LC_TIME: nil
  value of $LANG: uk_UA.utf8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: nil
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix
  default enable-multibyte-characters: t

Major mode: Dired by name

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t

Recent input:
<return> C-n C-n <return> q C b a c k u p <return> 
y e s <return> <help-echo> <help-echo> <help-echo> 
M-x b r <backspace> <backspace> r e b <tab> p <backspace> 
<backspace> p o r t <tab> <return>

Recent messages:
Getting PWD...done
Doing CD...done
Listing /ftp:[email-masked]:/...done
Doing CD...done
Listing /ftp:[email-masked]:/blainemailbox/...done
Doing CD...done
Listing blainemailbox/Paypal Script/...done
Copying blainemailbox/Paypal Script/index.html to /home/yurb/amnis/bmail/backup/Paypal Script/...done
Copying blainemailbox/Paypal Script/paypalscript021409.txt to /home/yurb/amnis/bmail/backup/Paypal Script/...done
byte-code: Wrong type argument: integerp, nil

Load-path shadows:
/usr/share/emacs/23.3/site-lisp/debian-startup hides /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/flyspell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/flyspell
/usr/share/emacs23/site-lisp/dictionaries-common/ispell hides /usr/share/emacs/23.3/lisp/textmodes/ispell

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr message sendmail ecomplete rfc822 mailabbrev
gmm-utils mailheader canlock sha1 hex-util hashcash emacsbug dired-aux
ange-ftp tramp-imap assoc tramp-gw tramp-fish tramp-smb tramp-cache
tramp-ftp tramp-cmds tramp auth-source shell comint format-spec
tramp-compat trampver dired bbdb timezone diary-lib diary-loaddefs
cal-iso org-wl org-w3m org-vm org-rmail org-mhe org-mew org-irc
org-jsinfo org-infojs org-html org-exp org-exp-blocks org-info org-gnus
org-bibtex org-bbdb cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs org-agenda org
byte-opt warnings bytecomp byte-compile advice help-fns advice-preload
org-footnote org-src org-list org-faces org-compat org-macs noutline
outline easy-mmode mediawiki derived regexp-opt url-cache cl cl-19 ring
mm-url gnus gnus-ems nnheader mail-utils wid-edit mml easymenu mml-sec
password-cache mm-decode gnus-util netrc mm-bodies mm-encode url-http
tls url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand url-methods url-history mailcap
url-auth mail-parse rfc2231 rfc2047 rfc2045 qp ietf-drums time-date
url-cookie url-util url-parse url-gw url-vars mm-util mail-prsvr server
bbdb-autoloads tooltip ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type mwheel x-win
x-dnd font-setting tool-bar dnd fontset image fringe lisp-mode register
page menu-bar rfn-eshadow timer select scroll-bar mldrag mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax facemenu font-core frame cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese hebrew
greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help simple abbrev loaddefs button
minibuffer faces cus-face files text-properties overlay md5 base64
format env code-pages mule custom widget hashtable-print-readable
backquote make-network-process dbusbind system-font-setting
font-render-setting gtk x-toolkit x multi-tty emacs)