Subject: bug#9560: An exact recipe

From: Alan Mackenzie <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 10:16:18 +0000

Hi, Michael.

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:33:22PM -0400, Michael Welsh Duggan wrote:
> >>>From emacs -Q:

> Do NOT resize the frame.  The recipe includes C-v, which depends on the
> window (and hence frame) size.

> Load the following file:

[ .... ]

> Type:

>   M-x edit-kbd-macro RET y C-x e C-x h C-w C-x i

> When prompted, insert the following keyboard macro file:

[ .... ]

> Type:

>   C-c C-c

> You should be back at rwsiteinfo-backup.c.  Execute the macro using:

>   C-x e

> Then type:

>   TAB

OK, I've got about this far.  I've been busy getting 5.32.2 into XEmacs.
The first thing I'm going to do with this macro is replace the C-v's with
an equivalent number of C-n's, because my frames on a tty are a fixed 65
lines (not including mode line and minibuffer) high.  :-)

Emacs's facilities for keyboard macros are not comfortable.

> At this point, you should see the indentation move to just under the `o'
> in "flowtype:list".  This location is incorrect.  If you then do the
> following:

>   M-x set-variable RET c-echo-syntactic-information-p RET t RET TAB

> you will see that c-mode believes the syntax at that point to be
> topmost-intro-cont instead of the proper brace-list-entry.

> When you have solved this bug, please let me know if the solution has a
> reasonable chance of having solved the other problem that I have not
> been able to recreate reliably, which is getting "topmost-intro indent
> 0" instead of "statement indent 4" when in the middle of editing a
> function.  If these have little chance of being connected, I'll do my
> best to try to create that scenario again (no promises).

> -- 
> Michael Welsh Duggan
> ([email-masked])

-- 
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).