Subject: bug#9560: An exact recipe

From: Michael Welsh Duggan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2011 22:33:22 -0400

>From emacs -Q:

Do NOT resize the frame.  The recipe includes C-v, which depends on the
window (and hence frame) size.

Load the following file:

Type:

  M-x edit-kbd-macro RET y C-x e C-x h C-w C-x i

When prompted, insert the following keyboard macro file:

Type:

  C-c C-c

You should be back at rwsiteinfo-backup.c.  Execute the macro using:

  C-x e

Then type:

  TAB

At this point, you should see the indentation move to just under the `o'
in "flowtype:list".  This location is incorrect.  If you then do the
following:

  M-x set-variable RET c-echo-syntactic-information-p RET t RET TAB

you will see that c-mode believes the syntax at that point to be
topmost-intro-cont instead of the proper brace-list-entry.

When you have solved this bug, please let me know if the solution has a
reasonable chance of having solved the other problem that I have not
been able to recreate reliably, which is getting "topmost-intro indent
0" instead of "statement indent 4" when in the middle of editing a
function.  If these have little chance of being connected, I'll do my
best to try to create that scenario again (no promises).

-- 
Michael Welsh Duggan
([email-masked])