Subject: Re: bug#9558: Minimal emacs build runs out of memory

From: Reuben Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 19:53:54 +0100

On 20 September 2011 16:10, Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> I added 20Gb of swap. Same problem.
>
> "Same problem" with Emacs or with GDB?  I meant to give GDB enough
> memory to display some useful backtrace.

This was with GDB.

> If GDB still cannot produce a backtrace, run the failing command under
> GDB to begin with, or maybe limit the stack size when temacs runs, to
> get it crash earlier with a smaller backtrace.

(gdb) where -30
#31784 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31785 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31786 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31787 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31788 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31789 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31790 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31791 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31792 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31793 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31794 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31795 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31796 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31797 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31798 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31799 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31800 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31801 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31802 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31803 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31804 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31805 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31806 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31807 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x812082e)
at alloc.c:1269
#31808 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31809 0x0812082e in emacs_blocked_malloc (size=16384, ptr=0x8121f84)
at alloc.c:1269
#31810 0x002160d0 in __libc_malloc (bytes=16384) at malloc.c:3622
#31811 0x08121f84 in refill_memory_reserve () at alloc.c:3432
#31812 0x08126127 in init_alloc_once () at alloc.c:6278
#31813 0x080cae84 in main (argc=<value optimized out>, argv=Cannot
access memory at address 0x5
) at emacs.c:1250

> And please keep debbugs on the CC list.

Apologies, finger trouble.

-- 
http://rrt.sc3d.org