Subject: bug#9557: 24.0.50; "y-or-n-p" does not clear the echo area

From: Dani Moncayo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:19:54 +0200

Hi,

In my init file, I have `(fset 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)' in order to
speed up the "yes/no" answers.  But I've just seen a minor problem
associated to it.

>From "emacs -Q":
1. Eval: (fset 'yes-or-no-p 'y-or-n-p)
2. Visit some file.
3. M-x revert-buffer <RET> y
--> (Expected) The echo area ends up empty (as happens if you omit step #1).
--> (Observed) The echo area remains with a residual text "Revert
buffer from file <your-file>? (y or n)  y".

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-12 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt'

-- 
Dani Moncayo