Subject: bug#954 closed by martin rudalics <[email-masked]> (Re: bug#954: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23)

From: [email-masked] (Emacs bug Tracking System)

This is an automatic notification regarding your bug report
which was filed against the emacs package:

#954: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23

It has been closed by martin rudalics <[email-masked]>.

Their explanation is attached below along with your original report.
If this explanation is unsatisfactory and you have not received a
better one in a separate message then please contact martin rudalics <[email-masked]> by
replying to this email.

-- 
954: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=954
Emacs Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems
>From [email-masked] Tue Sep 30 02:01:14 2008
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2008 10:58:07 +0200
From: martin rudalics <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
CC: Chirok Han <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: bug#954: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23

Fixed as

2008-09-23  Martin Rudalics  <[email-masked]>

	* textmodes/tex-mode.el (latex-find-indent): Try to handle
	escaped close parens correctly.  (Bug#954)

for indenting the closing paren, and

2008-09-25  Martin Rudalics  <[email-masked]>

	* textmodes/tex-mode.el (latex-handle-escaped-parens): New variable.
	(latex-backward-sexp-1, latex-forward-sexp-1): Treat escaped
	parens specially only if latex-handle-escaped-parens is non-nil.
	(latex-indent-within-escaped-parens): New option.
	(latex-find-indent): Bind latex-handle-escaped-parens to
	latex-indent-within-escaped-parens.  Do not treat escaped parens
	specially when this is nil.  (Bug#954)

for indenting the text within the parens.

Thanks again for reporting, martin.

>From [email-masked] Wed Sep 10 00:46:47 2008
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 16:46:35 +0900
From: "Chirok Han" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Subject: indentation in latex-mode in emacs-23

Hi

I've been using gnu emacs 22 so far (happily) and recently I compiled
and installed cvs emacs-23 (updated today: 2008-09-10). I am very
happy with this new version. Thank you!

I do lots of latex work (and I don't use auctex). Up to emacs 22, the
line following \[ is not indented but now in emacs 23, the line after
\[ is indent. For example, in emacs 22, `indent-region' gives

\[
abc
\]

but now in emacs 23 it looks like

\[
  abc
  \]

This may be a new feature, but I would like the old style. Is there
any way I can get back the old behavior? I tried to read tex-mode.el
but it was too difficult for me.

Thank you.

ch