Subject: bug#9525: closed (Re: bug#9525: 24.0.50; Elisp manual: index most-(posi|nega)tive-fixnum under (max|min))

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 08:27:02 +0000

Your bug report

#9525: 24.0.50; Elisp manual: index most-(posi|nega)tive-fixnum under (max|min)

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
9525: http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=9525
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#9525: 24.0.50; Elisp manual: index most-(posi|nega)tive-fixnum under (max|min)
From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
To: Drew Adams <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2011 11:20:04 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

> From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
> Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:51:28 -0700
> 
> Variables `most-positive-fixnum' and `most-negative-fixnum' should be
> indexed not only under their names but also using the terms "maximum"
> and "minimum" in conjunction with "integer" and even just "number".

Thanks, fixed.

Subject: 24.0.50; Elisp manual: index most-(posi|nega)tive-fixnum under (max|min)
From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2011 18:51:28 -0700
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

In the Elisp manual, try to find the variables holding the largest and
smallest integers.  Unless you happen to know and look for their names,
you will not find them using `i'.
 
Variables `most-positive-fixnum' and `most-negative-fixnum' should be
indexed not only under their names but also using the terms "maximum"
and "minimum" in conjunction with "integer" and even just "number".
Those are the kinds of words that someone will use when trying to find
such a variable.

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-12 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt'