Subject: bug#9491: 24.0.50; (elisp) Standard Errors: unhelpful pattern text

From: "Drew Adams" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 08:55:22 -0700

This text appears before the list of standard errors:
 
`SYMBOL'
     STRING; REFERENCE.
 
This is unhelpful and confusing.  There is no explanation of it, and it
is not formatted as if it were a syntax description or column headings
for what follows (which would anyway be unnecessary).
 
Furthermore, if it is purported to be a syntax description then it is
anyway incorrect: the semicolon does not appear in any list entry, and
there are sometimes lines comprising a DESCRIPTION that appear before
the REFERENCE (which is a "see...").
 
Perhaps it is vestigial meta-information for the person who is writing
the texinfo content.  In any case, it should simply be removed.  

In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)
 of 2011-09-05 on 3249CTO
Windowing system distributor `Microsoft Corp.', version 5.1.2600
configured using `configure --with-gcc (4.5) --no-opt'