Subject: bug#9480: 24.0.50; (vc-git) stash@{n} - requires shell quoting?

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 03:29:18 -0400

> From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
> Date: Mon, 12 Sep 2011 12:39:43 +0530
> 
> While in a *vc-dir* buffer (backed by git) and trying to show or apply a
> stash fails.
> 
> I am attaching "works for me" patch that shell-quotes stash@{n}
> argument. With this "patch", the stash commands work as expected.
> 
> My shell-file-name is set to "bash" (cygwin version). My Emacs is
> 
> In GNU Emacs 24.0.50.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600)

Can you tell what does git see as its arguments without the quoting?
I would like to establish whether this is some bug specific to the
Windows build of Emacs, since other systems that use Bash evidently
don't need this change.

TIA