Subject: Re: bug#9480: 24.0.50; (vc-git) stash@{n} - requires shell quoting?

From: Glenn Morris <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 14:21:10 -0400

Eli Zaretskii wrote:

> This should generally work fine, except that IMO globbing in this case
> is simply buggy: the braces are removed although a real shell would
> expand "{0}" into itself.

I agree.

http://www.gnu.org/s/bash/manual/bash.html#Brace-Expansion

  A correctly-formed brace expansion must contain unquoted opening and
  closing braces, and at least one unquoted comma or a valid sequence
  expression. Any incorrectly formed brace expansion is left unchanged.

http://tiswww.case.edu/php/chet/bash/FAQ

Bash FAQ D2:

D2) Why doesn't bash treat brace expansions exactly like csh?

    The only difference between bash and csh brace expansion is that
    bash requires a brace expression to contain at least one unquoted
    comma if it is to be expanded.  Any brace-surrounded word not
    containing an unquoted comma is left unchanged by the brace
    expansion code.  This affords the greatest degree of sh
    compatibility.