Subject: Re: bug#9480: 24.0.50; (vc-git) stash@{n} - requires shell quoting?

From: Jambunathan K <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:44:02 +0530

> I wasn't able to reproduce it with Bash on a GNU system, either, but I
> thought I was missing something.  Neither do I see any special
> handling of the braces in the w32-specific parts of Emacs.

> So it's a mystery why this happens with the Cygwin Bash.  Jambunathan,
> could you perhaps post a question to the Cygwin mailing list?

If I open my regular Cygwin/XTerm [1] and type the command as you see
below (What you see is what I have typed) it reports the stash
correctly.

,---- From regular Cygwin/Xterm 
| $ git stash show -p stash@{0}
| diff --git a/Makefile b/Makefile
| index ce419c1..7183545 100644
| --- a/Makefile
| +++ b/Makefile
`----

It does seem like Emacs is messing up before handing over things.

That said, let me do some more debugging before I follow it up with
Cygwin folks.

Footnotes: 
[1]  This is launched like this:
C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe -p /usr/X11R6/bin xterm -fg green  -bg black  -sb
-sl 1000 -geom  80x15   -display 127.0.0.1:0.0 -ls